Friday, July 17, 2009

Muscle soreness

I spent the night at Rusty's house yesterday. I think we played a good 5 or 6 hours worth of matches, taking a couple of breaks between them to eat junk food. When I played this morning against Spencer the base of my left thumb was sore. Perhaps I need a protien shake.

Playing last night was great practice. Even though Rusty is not the best opponent, he still had the vitality to play against me for as long as he did without losing his cool. I even JV5 stocked him once, and he was such a good sport he took a picture of it on his phone. Anyways, I made a few notes from that gaming session.

My JC grabs are not 100%. I'd say ~85%. Hopefully this number will increase as time moves on. These moves are too important to ever miss.
Thunders combo at about 40-50%. This is actually a pretty good number for having recently got back into fox. The waveshine > jab reset is one of his hardest combos to pull off consistently, and even landing it half of the time means an extra 40% on half of waveshines. I even landed the combo when he was behind me on several occasions, which is great. Landing the combo when they are behind you might be impossible if they di the shine away, but it's within human capabilities to land it all the time if they miss the di. I would be very dangerous if I could do this.

I've been finding openings for the running platform drop. I'm very happy about this, as I don't think there are any Fox players who are using the technique. Nair and bair are the best attacks use. Dair might be good as well, but the technique is still new in development.

My dash dance is coming along very well. At Pound 3 it was my pride and joy, I felt that there was not a single person there who could read my dash dance. I would like to once again be at that level. I used to practice at night before I went to sleep, and first thing in the morning, just whenever I had a half hour to kill. I'd use the markings on the floor of Kanto (pokemon stadium lol) to mark my dashes. I wrote down rythms to practice, 1 1-2-3 1 1-2-3. My dash dance has always been a key to countering the opponents approach by giving the illusion of attack. However, I noticed recently that the illusion I make is not very effective when I control ~2/3 of the stage. I either end up tracing so far back that I am back to controling half of the stage, or I simply rush in and attack. I don't have many ideas as to why this is, but being aware of it is the 1st step to changing it.

I want to make a correction on the last post. The combo finisher I wrote about of nair > fj bair does not work, at all. I have staying up late johns though, so it's ok. Instead what I like after the up tilt is shuffle nair > grab.

I did some testing and found out that you cannot CC once you are in the stun of a shine. So that means if you are peach and you get shined, you won't be able to mash out a dsmash. Well, you could... but don't. This is not about technicalities.

The last thing I want to touch on is something I have briefly discussed in the last post. The result of shuffle nair > shine. It's dangerous! If you follow it up with a wd against Peach you run the risk of running into dsmash! Falcon can jab after that. I don't think there is a safe solution after the wd, so I think the best option would be to follow the nair up with different attacks besides the shine. Peach would be up tilt, Falcon would be up smash. I'll just have to train myself to see the hit stun more clearly. I use the shine, and I assume most do, because it's safe on block. I'm going for efficiency though, and to me, efficient is deadly, efficient deals maximum damage.

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't Nair - Grab be a viable option? Unless they expect it and counter with an attack, or a roll, it should work.

    I'd expect it to work well against players who wouldn't expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By running platform drop, do you mean shielding to interrupt your run and then dropping through the platform from your shield? Or is there some other technique that I'm unaware of?

    ReplyDelete